Federal Work Study - Office of Diversity and Equity Compliance Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
The Office of Diversity and Equity Compliance provides leadership and support on matters relating to equity diversity respect and inclusiveness for all members of the Georgia Gwinnett College community. The staff provides guidance support and delivery of programming services and educational initiatives to the campus community to support diversity inclusiveness equal access equitable treatment cultural understanding and the prevention of prohibited discrimination and harassment.
- Provide reception area coverage as needed to support the ODEC office personnel.
- Maintain calendar of meetings and student leadership database for GGC Student Organizations (RSOs) and provide ODEC public outreach as requested
- Assist with preparing materials for meetings, educational programs, and trainings.
- Assist with creating and preparing PowerPoint slides, handouts, etc.
- Assist with managing and scheduling meetings on Outlook calendar and in 25Live.
- Assist with generating ideas and creative ways to educate Faculty, Staff and students regarding the work of the Office of Diversity and Equity Compliance.
- Assist with filing, shredding, scanning, copying and other similar duties that may arise.
- Distribute and remove print material, flyers and posters as necessary.
- Be ready at all times to communicate with internal and external constituencies in a friendly and professional manner via telephone, e-mail, or in person.
- Assist with data entry in various platforms as trained.
- Create a social media presence for the Office of Diversity and Equity Compliance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a Federal Work Study award.
- Must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at Georgia Gwinnett College.
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good standing for the duration of employment.
- Must have good conduct standing with the Office of Student Integrity and maintain good conduct for the duration of employment.
- Must be able to handle and retain confidential information.
- Must possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Adobe products.
- Must be able to interact professionally with Faculty, Staff, Students and members of the public.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Interest in diversity and inclusion programming, law and policy development.
- Social media proficiency.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]