Federal Work Study - Volunteer Team Assistant Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
The Office of Student Involvement & the Student Center is seeking students interested in the Grizzlies Serve Team. We want students who are engaged, passionate, and eager to work with our office to tackle social justice issues and strengthen their interests in leadership and service. Grizzlies Serve members will work alongside our team by facilitating events, participating in service projects, and serving as representatives for the SISC office.
- Work with Assistant Director and Grizzlies Serve team to coordinate and execute service-learning projects, trainings, and programs ' including but not limited to: Service Saturdays, Micro Farm/Urban Garden, Compost Collection, Bear Essentials Food Pantry, Pen Pal Program, Sibling program, etc
- Record student, staff, faculty volunteer hours, donation amounts, and generate relevant reports
- Recruit students to participate in volunteer, community engagement, and service opportunities
- Contribute to discussions about how to address social justice issues in different contexts
- Assist in tabling efforts throughout the semester and for specific events, including but not limited to: Green Scene, New Student Orientation, partner high school events, community events, GOLD Series, etc
- Assist with Service Learning presentations in various settings (classrooms, with youth, etc)
- Attend biweekly team meetings
- Gather and collect engaging content (pictures, videos, student testimonials) for Social Media platforms
- Participate in development opportunities (Retreat and training, GOLD Leadership Development Series, SES community initiatives)
- Serve as a professional and enthusiastic representative for community engagement and service and for SISC office at presentations, interest meetings, and tabling events
- Support other SISC programs, events, initiatives (March Through the Arch, Green Scene, GOLD, Diversity, SGA elections, etc)
- Must have Federal Work Study award
- Must be currently enrolled a minimum of 6 credits at Georgia Gwinnett College
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Must be in good conduct standing with the Office of Student Integrity and maintain good conduct for the duration of employment.
- Student must be proficient on Windows based PC's and skilled in Microsoft Office.
- Good customer services skills with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Willingness to learn new skills to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to build relationships and work with volunteers, and community members.
- Strong language and communication skills (written and oral).
Passion for leadership, service, and social justice
Creative, innovative, and openness to learning
Ability to work with a diverse group of student leaders
Willingness to have ongoing commitment to SISC activities
Must demonstrate high level of personal and professional character
Desire to engage in college activities outside of coursework
Devoted to continuous learning and development of personal leadership skills
Demonstrate initiative, responsibility, and the ability to follow-through on commitments
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]