Federal Work Study - Digital Communications Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
The GGC Digital Communications Department is seeking a creative, tech-savvy student assistant to support our divisional goals. As the Federal Work Study student representing Digital Communications, he or she will assist in the curation and creation of written, photographic, and video content for use on the GGC website, blog, and social media channels.
- Assist digital communications with producing content for Instagram, Facebook and/or Snapchat
- Write student and faculty feature stories and profiles
- Assist with video creation, sourcing images for the web, generating story ideas, and creating website content
- Must have a Federal Work Study award
- Must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at Georgia Gwinnett College.
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good standing for the duration of employment.
- Must be in good conduct standing with the Office of Student Integrity and maintain good conduct for the duration of employment.
- Must be able to handle confidential information.
- Must possess advanced computer skills.
- Have experience with Adobe Creative Suite software, specifically Photoshop, or similar.
- Applicants should be internet savvy and able to quickly adapt to using web-based content management systems.
- Applicants should also have a history of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Preference given to applicants comfortable creating exciting and interesting photo, video and written material for use on GGC social media and web.
- Ideal applicants possess strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, be customer service-oriented, and able to manage and prioritize work.
- Students considering careers in marketing, advertising, journalism, or writing will find value in hands-on experiences during the duration of this position.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]