Federal Work Study - School of Health Sciences Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
This position will provide professional and accurate information to current and prospective nursing students in line with Nursing's caring philosophy. The work study student will provide clerical assistance to Health Science staff to include answering phones, copying, managing incoming and outgoing mail and other duties as assigned.
- Answer phones and direct callers to appropriate staff member.
- Greet students, faculty, and staff in front office reception.
- Administrative support such as making copies, faxing, data entry.
- Assist at Health Science events
- Assist in Nursing lab as needed
- Must have a Federal Work Study award
- Must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at Georgia Gwinnett College in a major other than pre-nursing
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment
- Must be in good conduct standing with the Office of Student Integrity and maintain good conduct for the duration of employment
- Commitment to handle confidential information
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Courteous, supportive and professional demeanor
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Willingness to learn new skills to accomplish tasks.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]