Federal Work Study - Student Center Operations Team Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
The Office of Student Involvement & the Student Center (SISC) is looking for energetic students to provide a friendly and effective customer experience to all students, faculty, staff, and guests in various areas.
The Student Center is home to the only large venue space on campus. As such, the standard of excellence in the maintenance of this space is extraordinarily high. Student Center Operations Team members are expected to maintain a level of excellence by assisting with setups and providing consistent support for every event that occurs in our building.
- Assist with Set Ups of meeting and event spaces in the Student Center as requested by the Get Involved event registration process.
- Assist with daily event support, including resetting meeting rooms, checking out event equipment, assisting with reservations and maintaining awareness of daily event schedules.
- Reset furniture in lounge spaces as well as classroom and event spaces.
- Maintain organization, cleanliness, and safety in all storage areas.
- Responsible for department inventory and warehouse materials, including transporting items.
- Hang and remove artwork throughout the building, including the Student Art Gallery.
- Assist with A/V throughout the building, including the SISC Sound Cart.
- Assist with event décor, including tablecloths, centerpieces, etc.
- Assist with holiday and themed décor throughout the building.
- Hang banners in various Student Center locations.
- Attend scheduled team meetings
- Attend scheduled training sessions.
- Must have a Federal Work Study award
- Must be currently enrolled in at least 6 credits at Georgia Gwinnett College
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good standing for the duration of employment
- Must be good conduct standing with the Office of Student Integrity and maintain good conduct for the duration of employment
- Must demonstrate outstanding customer service
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and ability to improvise
- Being able to work with a diverse group of students, campus and community partners
- Willingness to have ongoing commitment to SISC activities
- Must demonstrate high level of personal and professional character
- Desire to engage in college activities outside of coursework
- Devoted to continuous learning and development of personal leadership skills
- Demonstrate initiative, responsibility, and the ability to follow-through on commitments
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]