Federal Work Study - Student Accounts Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
The office of Student Accounts is in need of federal work-study students assisting in our daily operations. We strive to provide timely service and a caring, responsive environment for Georgia Gwinnett students, families, staff, faculty and vendors.
- Assist with phone calls, emails, scanning, reviewing accounts, mailing letters, making copies, faxing and shredding of documents, and archiving
- Assist staff with special projects as needed
- Facilitate and present in the GRIZZLY ORIENTATION sessions is required
- Provide assistance and accurate information to students and families
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Must have a Federal Work Study award.
- Must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at Georgia Gwinnett College.
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Must be in good conduct standing with the Office of Student Integrity and maintain good standing for the duration of employment.
- Must be able to maintain a regular weekly schedule of work through Fall, Spring and Summer semesters and on weekends to cover Grizzly Orientations.
- A commitment of approximately 20-20 hours per week. Position requires non-standard work hours such as evening, weekend and summer semester hours.
- Must be able to handle confidential information in accordance with applicable laws and policies.
- Maintain a professional attitude and manner in all work relationships.
- Professional demeanor with excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to attend the staff meeting as needed.
- Ability to work well with their peers and/or other students with the GGC community.
- Good customer service skills with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Periodically, disseminate student accounts information in a public setting to a group and or individuals.
- Courteous, punctual and professional demeanor.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]