Federal Work Study - Student Involvement & Student Center (SISC) Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
The GGC Student Center opened in 2010 to support the college's learning environment by enhancing the campus community and empowering students with opportunities for holistic development. The 81,400 square foot LEED Silver-certified building includes two lounge spaces, seven meeting rooms, the Level One Game Room, the Dining Hall, the Large Venue Interactive Space (LVIS), and outdoor space. The building also features a Student Art Gallery and is equipped with state-of-the art technology. Home to the Student Government Association, the Greenlight Activities Board, and a number of registered student organizations, the Student Center is the living room of the campus and a hub for active and engaged student learning.
The Office of Student Involvement & the Student Center (SISC) is looking for energetic students to provide a friendly and effective customer experience to all students, faculty, staff, and guests in various areas. Specific functional assignments include Office Receptionist, Level One Game Room Attendant, Information Desk attendant, Digital Media and Marketing assistant, Student Center Operations Assistant (Event Setup Crew), and mascot handler. One or more specific functional areas will be assigned based on preference, availability, and need.
- Assist with daily SISC tasks, including answering phone calls in a professional manner, collecting mail, filing, scheduling, etc.
- Provide assistance and accurate information to GGC students, faculty, staff, and guests.
- Maintain level of security in designated areas and maintain a clean work environment.
- Assist with establishing and enforcing building and department policies and procedures.
- Attend workshops and trainings as required.
- Assist with event management, including room setup and A/V duties.
- Utilize a wide range of media, including photography and computer aided design.
- Assist in active marketing for the department.
- Collaborate with SISC staff on projects as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, depending on specific functional area.
- Must have Federal Work Study award.
- Must be currently enrolled a minimum of 6 credit hours at Georgia Gwinnett College
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Must be in good conduct standing with the campus Office of Student Integrity and maintain good conduct for the duration of employment.
- Must be proficient on Windows based PC's and skilled in Microsoft Office.
- Good customer service skills with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]