Student Assistant - Public Relations Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
Working with Georgia Gwinnett College Communications, the student assistant will help promote the college in traditional and social media channels with a heavy emphasis on writing and editing for these channels. This is an office-based 19-hour/week position, reporting to the director of public relations.
- Write articles, profiles, news blurbs and social media posts.
- Identify, contact and interview subject matter experts for articles, profiles.
- Submit drafts to subject matter experts to check for accuracy of content.
- Other duties as directed.
- Must be currently enrolled in at least 6 credits at Georgia Gwinnett College.
- Must have completed one college-level writing or news writing course. (Writing samples required)
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good standing for the duration of employment.
- Must be in good conduct standing with the Office of Student Integrity and maintain good conduct for the duration of employment.
- Must exhibit enthusiasm for the writing and editing process.
- Must be punctual and possess commitment and follow through in managing multiple assignments.
- Must understand the importance of deadlines and adhere to them.
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must uphold college branding standards.
- Experience in news writing and/or writing for social media.
- Knowledge of Canva.
- Knowledge of Associated Press style highly desired.
- Knowledge of photography, video and/or video editing.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]