Library Technical Assistant Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Reporting to the Assistant Department Head of Access Services, this position provides a high level of information commons and library services to members of the GGC academic community. The position also supervises Student Assistants and assists in the supervision of Library Assistant I and II team members.
- Collaborates with Access Services and other library staff to support the library's mission and promote dedication to customer service.
- Provides patron assistance including, but not limited to, copiers and scanners.
- Responds proactively to patron inquiries and concerns, referring to other staff as needed.
- Selects, trains, schedules, supervises, delegates to, and evaluates Student Assistants and assists in regards to Library Assistant Is and IIs.
- Addresses employee issues and refers to higher authorities as needed.
- Serves as liaison with Human Resources and Payroll with regard to direct reports' processing.
- Manages library computing spaces, provides troubleshooting and technical support for all computers in the Information Commons and other public library spaces and all library staff computers, submitting tickets to the campus helpdesk as necessary.
- Performs basic reference and circulation activities as needed.
- May open and close the department/library and provide emergency support.
- Serves as backup for the Head of Access Services, Library Technical Assistants, and Library Assistants, as required.
- Supports the Library's mission by assisting in the development and implementation of Access Services policies and procedures and serving on library or campus committees.
- Works on special projects, as assigned.
- Creates training materials, as needed.
- Serves on library or campus committees, as needed.
- Participates in professional development activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or technical college degree in any discipline with course work in areas of computer science, management information systems, network administration, database management, instructional technology, or equivalent training, certifications, or work experience preferred.
- Intermediate to expert ability with Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience working with computers in a networked environment.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Professional , MS Access, PowerPoint, and/or Publisher a plus.
- Experience with library management systems.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Previous experience troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
Conditions of Employment
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]