Learning Management Support Specialist Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
The Learning Management System (LMS) Support Specialist will help provide college-wide administration and support for the Learning Management System in close collaboration with our LMS Administrator, faculty, and other stakeholders. The position will also support other academic technologies including lecture capture, online proctoring, collaboration platforms, etc. Support will involve providing training and/or self-help resources in a variety of modalities.
This position will play a key role in adoption, utilization, and proficiency with academic technologies at GGC, and this position will contribute to efforts to improve accessibility and usability of digital instructional materials.
- Help manage and document the day-to-day operation of D2L and associated systems
- Set up and maintain D2L college-wide configuration and troubleshoot issues
- Troubleshoot and test monthly D2L updates on our D2L test and production systems
- Manage the configuration and deployment of Kaltura in D2L
- Setup, manage and update courses, users, and enrollments from Banner data prior to and throughout each semester; create non-academic 'course' sites as requested
- Setup, test, and maintain (currently 30) D2L 3rd-party integrations
- Troubleshoot and solve user issues by responding to Helpdesk tickets and direct contact help requests (calls, emails, and drop-ins) in a timely manner; provide Helpdesk support for D2L, Kaltura, Name Changes, Respondus, and Turnitin requests
- Based on instructional design best practices, design and deliver faculty training and workshops and support materials
- Train and support faculty across campus, in large workshops, small groups, and individual sessions; collaborate with the Center for Teaching Excellence on New Faculty Orientation sessions
- Consult and meet with individual faculty as requested
- Create and distribute how-to handouts and tutorials on common technology issues
- Represent GGC in the USG D2L community and other professional communities of practice
- Support GGC's efforts in accessibility and universal/inclusive course design
- Serve as a project resource and help coordinate academic technology projects
- Participate in Office of Information Technology change management process as necessary
- Contribute to continuous improvement of teaching and learning with technology at GGC
- Other duties as assigned
- 4 Year / Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of experience serving as an LMS administrator or support specialist
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]
This is not a supervisory position.