Student Assistant - Virtual Peer Mentor Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
The Virtual Peer Mentoring program (VPM) is designed to support freshman and sophomore IT students to persist and progress in their IT major. This semester long, online program will include weekly small group meetings led by the VPM peer mentor. Weekly meetings will focus on various topics to guide mentees towards a more successful experience at GGC. VPM peer mentors will receive training and support from designated IT faculty to best support their group of students.
- Attend mandatory training before the beginning of the semester.
- Attend mandatory kick-off and closing ceremonies at the beginning and end of the semester.
- Prepare for and conduct weekly small group meetings in collaboration with IT faculty and other peer mentors.
- Connect one-on-one with mentees on an as needed basis.
- Attend mandatory bi-weekly meetings with IT faculty.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be enrolled for 6 or more credit hours at Georgia Gwinnett College.
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good standing for the duration of employment.
- Must be in good conduct standing with the Office of Student Integrity and maintain good conduct standing for the duration of employment.
- Successful completion of ITEC 2140 and ITEC 2150 with a grade of B or higher.
- Must be enthusiastic about working with fellow students in an academic setting and must show evidence of excellent communication skills.
- Junior or senior standing.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]