Student Assistant - Human Resources Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
Human Resources is seeking a bright, energetic student to support the HR team with a focus on student employment. Student Employment is dedicated to providing leadership and support to an active population of undergraduate students as they begin their journey into the workforce. As a student representative of Human Resources, the individual in this position will be the first point of contact for visitors, deliveries, and must portray a positive, professional demeanor at all times.
- Assist with the development and implementation of student employment programs.
- Provide project support in the areas of onboarding, training, and recruiting, such as: recognition ceremonies, orientations, and presentations.
- Assist with the coordination of various job openings and applicants in the applicant tracking system, Careers.
- Assist internal employees and external candidates with various Careers inquiries.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of various career fairs; provide day-of assistance.
- Manage the student employment social media page.
- Recruit students through informational meetings, individual counseling, promotional activities, and social media.
- Conduct and evaluate surveys of employers and students regarding work views, staffing needs, desirable employee qualifications, work and career goals.
- Conduct follow-ups with hiring managers and potential student employees; respond appropriately to various inquiries.
- Assist with greeting internal and external visitors in the HR suite.
- Light administrative support such as making copies, organizing various confidential documents, data entry, and answering phones.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at Georgia Gwinnett College.
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Must be in good standing with the Office of Student Integrity and maintain good standing for the duration of employment.
- Business major or interest in Human Resource workforce.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Professional demeanor with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to apply judgment and discretion in performing confidential personnel matters.
- Ability to be highly organized, attentive to details; as well as time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]