Warehouse Associate - PT Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
The Part Time Warehouse Associate is responsible for participating in the receipt and shipment of district goods; maintaining required inventory levels; ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct; verifying stock and identifying losses; maintaining an organized warehouse layout; and transporting orders over designated routes.
- Participates in the shipping, receiving, organizing, storing and issuing of goods including supplies, equipment and food for the purpose of assuring shipments are prepared for delivery and delivered in a timely manner.
- Receives stock and non-stock items for the purpose of ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct.
- Drives vehicles (e.g. truck, forklift, electric and non-electric pallet jacks, etc.) for the purpose of transporting packages and materials to designated sites.
- Delivers a variety of items (e.g. boxes, packages, cargo, office supplies, furniture, equipment, testing materials etc.) for the purpose of distributing items to assigned locations and/or individuals.
- Loads and unloads delivery trucks for the purpose of receiving and/or shipping packages to their destination.
- Responds to inquiries of staff for the purpose of providing information and/or direction regarding the status of deliveries, etc.
- Maintains delivery vehicles (e.g. checking fluid levels, fueling, cleaning, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring safe operation of vehicle.
- Cleans warehouse for the purpose of maintaining a safe and sanitary work area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School or GED
- Forklift certified OR forklift experience AND the ability to be forklift certified with in the first month of employment
- Previous related work experience
Conditions of Employment
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations. Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends). This is a part-time position up to 19 hours per week.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]