Student Assistant - GGC 1000 First-Year Seminar Grant Project Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
The Office of Student Success seeks a detail-oriented student assistant to join our GGC 1000 First-Year Seminar grant team in creating, editing, assessing, and promoting an online, accessible textbook and accompanying course materials.
- Assist team members in creating, modifying, and editing content
- Review online materials for accessibility and alignment
- Support the grant team by helping with research, marketing, assessment, and other tasks as needed
- Must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at Georgia Gwinnett College
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 in writing-intensive classes
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good standing throughout employment
- Must be in good conduct standing with the Office of Student Integrity and maintain good conduct throughout employment
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Must possess attention to detail, dependability, follow-through, and a willingness to learn
- Basic computer skills are needed
- Experience with writing and editing professional documents
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Office package and D2L learning management system
- Willing to train as needed
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]