Assistant Project Manager Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
The Assistant Project Manager (APM) proactively manages the construction of small and medium projects and may be assigned to assist on large-sized/Capital projects to achieve quality projects that are within budget and on schedule. The APM takes the lead in opening, maintaining, and ensuring active communication, team spirit, and cooperation with contractors, vendors, and consultants. Active communication includes interpersonal verbal and written communications; including recording and issuing meeting records/minutes. The APM must have a thorough understanding of the contract documents, project budget, and project schedule. The APM must understand and be able to utilize a variety of software-based project management systems, with particular emphasis on proficiency on Revit or BIM CADD software proficiency.
- Assist in coordinating and managing the evaluation and selection process of designers, contractors, and vendors.
- Manage bidding/proposal documents; evaluate and make recommendations.
- Liaise with all necessary stakeholders concerning project details and deliverables.
- Update and report on schedule progress.
- Maintain project budget.
- Identify resource requirements and gaps.
- Monitor project performance and assist PM with risk management evaluations, budget, and scheduling issues.
- Review project implementation and gather data on project execution.
- Maintain project documents and reports; track and report project progress; ensure project materials are complete and comply with College Design Standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 Year / Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Building Construction, Architecture, Engineering or related fields Construction Management, Building Construction, Architecture, Engineering or related fields
- 3 -5 years experience with General Contractor, Architectural Project Management, or Engineering Project Management.
- Graduate Degree in Construction Management, Building Construction, Architecture, Engineering or related fields Construction Management, Building Construction, Architecture, Engineering or related fields.
- 5+ years experience.
- Experience with Higher Education Project.
Conditions of Employment
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]