Student Assistant - Physical Science Content Creation Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
The student assistant in this role will work alongside two SST faculty members to contribute to authoring, editing, and proof-reading of pedagogical resources for the physical science course. Science in Everyday Materials. The student worker will participate in various activities that will contribute to their learning of numerous skills. The requirements include working at least 5 hours per week, and meeting (virtually/on-campus) once per week.
- Contribute to authoring, editing, and proof-reading of pedagogical resources for a physical science course
- Merging two instructor's teaching resources to create one set of teaching resources
- Formatting existing laboratory protocols (word docs)
- Formatting existing Homework content (word docs)
- Making all electronic documents accessible (ADA compliant)
- Identifying online platforms for hosting Open Education Resources
- Making and editing short instructional videos (around 5-10 minutes)
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at GGC for Summer 2021, Fall 2021, and Spring 2021.
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Must be in good conduct standing with the Office of Student Integrity and maintain good standing for the duration of employment.
- Proficient in English communication (speaking, writing, typing).
- Experience in technical content editing and writing (especially ADA compliant).
- IT skills are required: MS-Word, PowerPoint with equation editor tool.
- Prior experience in creating visualizations, online content creation, blogs, vlogs, etc. are additional pluses.
- Work at least 5 hours per week, and meet virtually/ on campus once per week.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]