Enrollment Management Services Scholarship Coordinator Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
This position has the primary responsibility for the coordination of all GGC Foundation Scholarships. In addition, this position is the liaison with the Athletics department, Student Accounts and the GGC Foundation to ensure that the awarding, disbursement and reconciliation of all scholarships are timely and compliant. This position will be the primary contact for external scholarships and will work with the Customer Service team to provide outreach for scholarship and other student events. This position is a member of the Financial Aid Customer Service Team and will meet with students and parents in assisting with the financial aid process. The Scholarship Coordinator will also serve as a Certifying Official for GGC Veterans during peak periods. This position holds a position on the GGC Scholarship Committee.
- Coordinate all scholarship programs offered by GGC. This includes awarding and reconciling funds, meeting with the GGC Foundation, communicating scholarship opportunities to students, and reviewing external scholarship applications for posting.
- Certify eligibility for student veterans and family members.
- Meet with students and parents to advise on the financial aid process.
- Responsible for the discretionary funds awarding processes.
- Serves a member of the Grizzlies Helping Grizzlies committee and assists students in applying for emergency funding.
- Coordinate with the Executive Director on any activities related to scholarship awarding.
- Work with the School of Nursing on awarding their scholarships.
- Conduct scholarship and financial aid workshops and training sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 Year / Bachelor's Degree
- 4 years professional experience in financial aid at an institution of higher education.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret state, federal and institutional rules and regulations.
- Understanding of basic fund reconciliation.
- Ellucian Banner experience is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and general financial aid regulations
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to demanding circumstances while fostering and maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Willingness to be part of a flexible work schedule that requires some evening hours and occasional weekend duties.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and other relevant computer based programs.
Conditions of Employment
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]