Campus Outreach Coordinator - PT Limited Term Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
Georgia Gwinnett College is excited to launch the Care (Food) Pantry to address food insecurity among students. Campus Outreach Coordinator will provide general oversight, coordination and supervision to student employees and volunteers in support of the Care Pantry operations. This position is subject to all hiring protocols including background screening and a confidentiality agreement as required for all GGC employees. Given the nature of the funding for this role, this position will be structured as a limited term part time position.
- Order fresh produce, frozen meat, and non-perishable food on a weekly basis, while adhering to food partner protocols
- Manage the input and output of inventory for each food distribution, following first in first out
- Organize and track inventory to understand best use of space
- Coordinate logistics for all food drives, compost and cardboard recycling, and storage needs for perishable rescued foods
- Partner with the college and Student Services leadership to ensure volunteer coverage including adherence to all polices, guidelines and protocols for volunteer engagement.
- Schedule, train and oversee student employees and volunteers to collect, sort, package, and display food for distribution to students
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and train volunteers to assist with outreach efforts
- Determine needs and supervise volunteers for food drive, food rescue, delivery and waste management (compost/cardboard)
- Attend training and community meetings as directed
- Maintain flexibility with time, tasks, and priorities
- Oversee pantry orientation and cross-training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or GED
- At least 1-2 years of experience in the social services field, emergency food sector, and/or food pantry
- 4 Year / Bachelor's Degree in social work, non-profit management, or related field
- Interest in food insecurity and food insecurity education
- Knowledge of food pantry operations and initiatives
- Experience training, managing, and retaining volunteers
- Understanding of data collection related to food pantry services for evaluation and reports
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Understanding of the needs of low-income/economically vulnerable communities
- Comfortable working in a diverse setting
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational, time-management, and communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement and respectful of confidential nature of client information
- Basic knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]