Student Assistant - Grizzly Career Ambassador Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
The Grizzly Career Ambassadors are undergraduate students who:
- Model the role that applied work can play in a student's education.
- Support the effective and efficient operation of the CDAC.
- Provide experiences that a student can use on their resume in pursuit of specific career.
A Grizzly Career Ambassadorship is renewable each semester. An application process is required. A student must submit a resume and cover letter and must progress through an interview process. Each Career Ambassador reports to one of the CDAC professional staff members.
- Provides resume and cover letter review, mock interviews, general career advice as a peer.
- Serves as the personal liaison between CDAC and student organizations, classes and other student entities to promote the initiatives of CDAC.
- Supports the overall work of the CDAC in whatever way necessary.
- Participates in required training.
- Works at minimum 16 hours per week; specific hours set each semester.
- Engages in professional behavior both in dress and actions.
- Completes assignments on time.
- Participates in monthly check-in meetings.
- Must be enrolled a minimum of 6 credits at Georgia Gwinnett College
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Must be in good standing with the campus Office of Student Integrity and maintain good standing for the duration of employment.
- Interest in enhancing skills in one or more of the following areas: peer advising, event planning, marketing and social media.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]