Campus Safety Security Officer Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
The Campus Safety and Security Officer works in the protection of life and property through enforcement of regulations and performance of safety and security duties. Duties include limited protective work in guarding and securing buildings, grounds and facilities against loss or damage. The position ensures monitoring and inspecting buildings and grounds for safety. Additionally, the position includes security procedures and regulation enforcement.
- Patrol campus on foot, in vehicles or on bicycle in order to assist with crime prevention, direct traffic, provide service or assistance to employees or visitors to campus, and to enforce parking regulations.
- Direct traffic for campus events using barricades, traffic cones and flashlights.
- Complete documents such as daily activity reports, warning reports, incident reports, safety inspection forms, security violation reports, parking tickets, narrative reports, and motorist assist waiver forms, and other forms which pertain to campus security, parking, campus policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Inspect fire extinguishers and other safety-related equipment when directed.
- When directed, secure campus buildings and unlock campus buildings.
- Operate two-way radio and answer telephone.
- Inspect and monitor fire and safety alarm systems and request service when needed on such systems.
- Unlock car doors and assist motorists upon request.
- Perform safety escort on campus upon request.
- Assist regular campus police officers upon request.
- Participate in training activities including classroom, seminar, or field training.
- Respond to alarms and assist in building emergency plans.
- Issue and install door lock cores
- Supervise student security patrols.
- Coordinate security issues with resident hall advisors.
- Teach security classes to resident hall students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School or GED
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must pass pre-employment testing (if applicable), criminal history check (no felony convictions or convictions of moral turpitude), background check, drug test.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia Driver's license.
- Some knowledge of security methods, practices, and procedures and ability to apply this knowledge to specific situations.
Conditions of Employment
Position may require local travel. Depending upon specific duties, position may require a College-issued uniform or shirt to ensure employees engaged in representing the College to the community are clearly identified as such. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Work is frequently performed out of doors in all weather conditions.
Work is performed under general supervision and in accordance with established routine and is checked by superior officers through personal inspections, review of reports, and discussions with employees. Work may involve the use of independent judgment in responding to emergencies. Employees may be assigned to day, evening and/or night shifts and may be called to work odd hours for special events or activities on campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]