Federal Work Study - Diversity and Inclusion Ambassador Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
The Office of Student Involvement & the Student Center (SISC) is looking for energetic students to provide a friendly and effective customer experience to all students, faculty, staff, and guests in various areas. This student position will assist with basic administrative functions within diversity programming and event planning. This position will report directly to the Student Involvement Coordinator and assist with social justice and inclusion initiatives at Georgia Gwinnett College.
- Assist with special projects, do research, compile assessments, and program management
- Collaborate with supervisor to create awareness events under the topic of Diversity, Inclusion, and Social Justice.
- Must have a strong passion and knowledge for issues of social justice, diversity and inclusion that include topics of race/ethnicity, gender, sexuality, nationality/citizenship, ability, etc.
- Must have a commitment to program management, public relations/social media, assessment, and public speaking as this is a peer education position.
- Serve as back up front desk SES to greet guest and assist with projects
- Collaborates with SISC staff on projects as needed.
- Assist with event management, including room setup and A/V duties.
- Assist with daily SISC tasks, including answering phone calls in a professional manner, collecting mail, filing, scheduling, etc.
- Handle and respond to student inquiries about programs and student involvement
- Create event submissions and manage updates on GetInvolved
- Perform administrative duties as assigned related to student programming and other functional areas
- Must have a Federal Work Study award
- Must be currently enrolled a minimum of 6 credits at Georgia Gwinnett College
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Must be in good conduct standing with the Office of Student Integrity and maintain good conduct for the duration of employment.
- Student must be proficient on Windows based PC's and skilled in Microsoft Office.
- Good customer services skills with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Willingness to learn new skills to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to work as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Understands various perspectives of diversity and inclusion
- Must know how to utilize campus resources for programming and student guidance
- Ability to work with various groups
- Knowledge of GGC, Student Affairs, and SISC
- Knowledge of GGC/SISC policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Diversity and Social Justice
- Ability to function independently
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test. Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]