Federal Work Study - Center of Teaching Excellence Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
The Center for Teaching Excellence is seeking bright and energetic student assistants to help support GGC's faculty by working as a member of the team. Our Center's operating values are Service Professionalism Enthusiasm Integrity and Commitment and we are looking for student assistants who are also dedicated to those values.
- Provide critical reception services by welcoming, greeting and directing/helping in person faculty visitors and faculty calling the Center.
- Support the many events that take place in the Center each week by assisting with scheduling, registration, event set-up (including basic conference room technology), check-in, and post-event processing.
- Assist faculty with basic D2L questions
- Assist the CTE team by making copies, performing data entry, and helping with special research projects as needed and as your talents and skills align.
- Must have Federal Work Study award
- Must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good standing for the duration employment.
- Must be in good conduct standing with the Office of Student Integrity and maintain good conduct for the duration of employment.
- Must be able to handle confidential information.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, customer service, and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail, dependability, follow-through, and willingness to learn and adapt to change are also critical required skills.
- Basic computer skills are needed.
- Advanced computer skills a plus but not required.
- Willing to train as needed.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]