Federal Work Study - Advising Programs Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
The Student Success Advising Center under the Division of Student Engagement and Success is in need of a federal work-study student. The work study student will report directly to the Administrative III, and will assist in the everyday operations within the office.
- Provide front desk coverage.
- Greet and assist students, faculty, and guests in a friendly and professional manner via telephone, e-mail, or in person.
- Answer incoming phone calls; general office support.
- Provide assistance to students at the self-help stations.
- Student will be trained on BANNER 9 to provide assistance to students at the self-help stations.
- Assist with managing documents, including shredding, scanning, copying, and other similar tasks.
- Work with assigned advisor to collect content, design and maintain Student Success Newsletter
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a Federal Work Study award
- Must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good standing for the duration of employment.
- Must be in good conduct standing with the Office of Student Integrity and maintain good conduct for the duration of employment.
- Must be able to handle confidential information
- Exhibit professional demeanor with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all levels. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work 15 - 25 hours a week if needed.
- Strong written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office. Accuracy and attention to details.
- Willingness to learn new skills to accomplish tasks.
- Software proficiency such as Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]