Federal Work Study - Environmental Health & Safety Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
This position will assist with providing campus-wide informational resources regarding environmental health and occupational safety. The incumbent will prepare reports and maintain documentation within the EHS office. The primary goal of the position is to assist the departmental staff maintain documentation, prepare documents for distribution, and assist with data entry and management of the environmental health & safety learning management system. This position requires personal computer and tablet knowledge and experience and ability to use web based references. Other assigned responsibilities range from campus errands, filing, and accompanying EHS staff during safety and industrial hygiene inspections. Success will be measured by accurate and timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Participate in ongoing training and meetings as necessary
- Create locational survey maps for environmental and occupational safety data
- Distribute and download informational fliers
- Represent GGC EHS at RSO activities
- Must be punctual and present as scheduled
- Other duties as assigned by the Director, Environmental Health & Safety
- Must have a Federal Work Study award.
- Must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at Georgia Gwinnett College.
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Must be in good conduct standing with the Office of Student Integrity and maintain good standing for the durations of employment.
- Strong writing and grammar skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work effectively.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]