Federal Work Study - Student Engagement and Success (Bilingual) Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
The Office of Student Success and the English Language Institute (ELI) are seeking a bright, energetic student to support this position. As a student representative of the Office of Student Success and the English Language Institute (ELI), the student in this position will assist the with day-to-day tasks and special projects related to students and campus events as well as other daily office duties.
- Provide front desk coverage.
- Greet and assist students, faculty, and guests in a friendly and professional manner via telephone, e-mail, or in person.
- Assist with managing and scheduling meetings.
- Assist with managing documents, including shredding, scanning, copying, and other similar tasks.
- Assist with designing, preparing and distributing materials to promote student success programs.
- Design and maintain student success programs social media platforms.
- Assist in translating materials into other languages as needed.
- Assist with event/meeting set-up and clean-up.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a Federal Work Study award.
- Must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at Georgia Gwinnett College.
- Must be in and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Must be in and maintain good standing with the Office of Student Integrity for the duration of employment.
- Must be able to work 13 - 25 hours a week if needed.
- Must be able to exercise discretion to handle confidential information.
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all levels. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to act responsibly with resources such as technology and information.
- Have an interest in advertising, marketing, digital communications, or related fields.
- Grade of B or better in English or other writing intensive courses, or equivalent.
- High proficiency in the following languages: Spanish, Vietnamese, Korean, or French.
- Experience working in a customer service setting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Software proficiency such as Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]