Federal Work Study - Campus Forestry Assistant Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
GGC Environmental Health & Safety is seeking an energetic student with a positive outlook who enjoys working outdoors and has the unique ability to motivate and influence peers. The student selected for this position will build interest and collaboration among fellow students and registered student organizations (RSOs) in GGC's Tree Campus USA designation and sustainability initiatives. The person in this position is responsible for identifying and inventorying campus trees and will use i-Tree software to quantify the benefits of our campus canopy.
- Create a campus inventory and map of trees.
- Assist with preparation for campus Arbor Day events.
- Develop informational resources regarding the campus community forest.
- Participate in ongoing training and meetings as necessary
- Identify tree species in manicured areas of campus
- Must be punctual and present as scheduled
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director, Environmental Health & Safety
- Must have Federal Work Study award.
- Must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at Georgia Gwinnett College.
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Must be in good conduct standing with the Office of Student Integrity and maintain good conduct standing for the duration of employment.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Strong writing and grammar skills
- Ability to plan and prioritize work effectively
- Knowledge and experience using software programs such as MS Word and Adobe.
- Experience using social media platforms to engage students.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]