Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.Position Title:
Associate Professor of Social WorkDoes this position require driving?:
NoJob Summary/Basic Function:
This social work faculty member will teach social work across the curriculum and across Minimum Qualifications:
programs. Rank commensurate with education and experience. Courses are taught from a biblical worldview in compliance with the Council on Social Work Education’s (CSWE) Educational Policies and Accreditation Standards. The faculty member will participate in student advising, curriculum development, the CSWE accreditation process as well as professional, university, and scholarly activity.
• Teach social work courses from a biblical perspective.
• Collaborate within and outside the department.
• Aid students in competency building from a pustule of cultural humility and a strength-based
• educational framework.
• Advise students and student organizations.
• Engage in scholarly activity.
• Model social work and biblical values both implicitly and explicitly
• Attend and participate in department and program meetings.
• Serve on university committees as needed.
• Attend conferences and trainings as needed.
• Participate in the accreditation process with CSWE.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in social work from a CSWE-accredited program Preferred Qualifications:
• Minimum 2 years of post-master’s social work degree practice experience
• Basic competency with Office 365 (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Doctoral degree in social work or related field, or J.D. Work Hours:
• Social Work Clinical License
• Experience teaching within the framework of CSWE standards.
• Experience teaching social work from a biblical worldview.
• Experience with learning management systems (i.e., Canvas)