Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.Position Title:
Online Adjunct Faculty Dissertation Chair - Community Care & CounselingDoes this position require driving?:
NoJob Summary/Basic Function:
This position involves chairing dissertations for doctoral candidates enrolled in the Department of Community Care & Counseling’s Doctor of Education Program. Chairs will supervise candidates conducting dissertation research that is theoretically grounded and methodologically sound and will make a contribution to the discipline. Chairs are required to review candidates’ manuscripts within 2 weeks, provide substantive and formative feedback, and ensure candidates comply with dissertation handbook policies and procedures. Chairs will respond to student email within 36 hours, and participate in ongoing professional development and self-evaluation as requested by the department.Minimum Qualifications:
• Applicant must have an Ed.D., Psy. D., or Ph.D. in Counseling/Psychology, Pastoral/Ministry or a related field. Preferred Qualifications:
• Degree must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
• Must have completed a traditional qualitative or quantitative dissertation.
• Full doctrinal compatibility with Liberty University
• Must demonstrate experience in qualitative or quantitative research methods in the field or discipline
• Superior interpersonal, customer service, presentation, and communication skills required.
• Creative, innovative, and problem solving skills required.
• Proficiency in MS Office, Blackboard, and the Internet.
• Applications for consideration will only be accepted via Liberty University’s online automated application process.
Preference will be given to candidates with an established record of research evidenced by intellectual and professional contributions to the field through peer-reviewed publication and conference presentations. Preference will be given to candidates with research mentorship experience and experience teaching research methods using online learning platforms (e.g., Blackboard). Candidates must work well with others and be able to work at a pace that will not delay the progress of a dissertation candidate toward timely completion of the doctoral degree.Work Hours:
Because this is an online position, the work hours will vary throughout the week.Posting Date:
07/06/2021Special Instructions for Applicants:
Please note that while unofficial transcripts are required during this stage of the application process, official transcripts for all conferred degrees (excluding Associate’s degrees) will be required should the department select you for an interview. In the references section of the application, please submit the names of two professional references and one pastoral reference. Your pastoral reference must be from your current church pastor, or someone within a leadership position within your current church. The pastoral reference cannot be an immediate or extended family member. If you have any questions regarding this posting, please contact the Faculty Hiring Office at [email protected]Quicklink: