Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.Position Title:
Online Adjunct Professor - Social WorkDoes this position require driving?:
NoJob Summary/Basic Function:
An adjunct faculty in Social Work will be responsible to teach Liberty Online students in compliance with the council on Social Work Education’s accreditation standards. The adjunct will be responsible for up to 30 students for each section they teach. He or she will take advantage of teaching opportunities through the use of weekly announcements, e-mails, videos, and discussion board forums. The adjunct will respond to e-mails within 24 hours and will grade student’s assignments, giving substantive feedback, within 5 days of the assignment submission. The adjunct will also carry out administrative responsibilities as directed by their Instructional Mentor, Faculty Support Coordinator, Online Chair, or Associate Dean; some administrative tasks include roster verification, reporting items, and timely submission of final grades. Minimum Qualifications:
- Teach material from approved curriculum in accordance with assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
- Assist students in achieving completion of objectives and learning outcomes.
- Provide regular and timely feedback to students.
- Participate in school retention initiatives by maintaining contact with students and offering assistance to absent students.
- Advise students in matters related to academics and attendance.
- Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process.
- Maintain and report student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidates should have an MSW from a CSWE accredited program with two years post-masters practice experience; OR a BSW from a CSWE accredited program with a Ph.D. or J.D. Preferred Qualifications:
Demonstrated strengths in teaching at the college level
-Understand and articulate social work from a biblical worldview
- Proven organizational skills and ability to complete required tasks both timely and accurately with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively collaborate remotely with colleagues and department faculty and staff
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Creative, innovative, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strengths in teaching at the college level
- Applications for consideration will only be accepted via Liberty University’s online automated application process
Teaching experience in a CSWE accredited program is preferred. Experience teaching psychology courses a plus. The preferred candidate will have a licensure in social work and a minimum of three years post-master’s practice experience. A PhD or JD is preferred.Work Hours:
07/06/2021Special Instructions for Applicants:
Please note that while unofficial transcripts are required during this stage of the application process, official transcripts for all conferred degrees (excluding Associate’s degrees) will be required should the department select you for an interview. In the references section of the application, please submit the names of two professional references and one pastoral reference. Your pastoral reference must be from your current church pastor, or someone within a leadership position within your current church. The pastoral reference cannot be an immediate or extended family member. If you have any questions regarding this posting, please contact the Faculty Hiring Office at [email protected]Quicklink: