Job location: Graduate School of Education Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
JR00036173 University Overview
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Director, Innovation and Impact (Graduate School of Education)Job Profile Title
Director BJob Description Summary
The Penn Graduate School of Education is committed to cultivating a workplace that values equity, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. We seek talented individuals who will help lead our efforts to create a more inclusive workplace in a community with a substantive institutional commitment to equity and justice. Diversity is prized at Penn as a central component of our mission and helps create an educational and working environment that best supports the University’s commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and scholarship.
Catalyst @ Penn GSE connects people and ideas across diverse constituencies to develop innovative ways to address persistent and emerging problems in education. Building upon Penn GSE’s history of leadership in education, Catalyst is both a collection of unique programs and a facilitator within and beyond the University. Throughout its work, Catalyst combines education, business, and technology to embrace an ongoing process of generating, testing, adapting, and disseminating best practices. Catalyst’s new and established programs cut across sectors to serve educators, entrepreneurs, researchers, policymakers, investors, business leaders, and others with a stake in education’s power to create opportunity for all learners and eradicate inequities in the world.Job Description
The Director, Innovation and Impact will have primary responsibility to establish revenue-generating programs that meet Catalyst’s strategic priorities and advance GSE as an innovation leader with impact through evidence-based practices. This effort will include engaging diverse constituents in support of these initiatives and by understanding the current policy context to ensure our solutions are designed to influence it toward equity and opportunity for every learner. This hands-on individual will be fundamental in helping Catalyst grow to another level with a clear focus on helping the Executive Director build a strong portfolio of effective programs along with a cadre of strategic partners, funders, and collaborators with whom to expand our influence and impact.
- Work with the Executive Director and others to establish programs that generate revenue from various sources like grants, services revenue, sponsorships, fees and meet Catalyst’s strategic priorities and advance GSE as an innovation leader with impact through evidence-based practices.
- Engage diverse constituents in support of these initiatives, both internal to GSE and Penn and external, by understanding the current policy context and ensuring our solutions are designed to influence it toward equity and opportunities for every learner and to support practitioners in that pursuit.
- Establish strong partnerships with a variety of aligned organizations and funders to support the work, collaborations to build capacity to extend the work and advance research-practice partnerships.
- Manage our growing Inquiries with Practitioners and develop familiarity with areas of expertise in faculty research to match with needs of practitioners toward continuous improvement.
- Analyze and report on the successful completion of short-long term goals through measured returns and achieved expected outcomes with a strong focus on evidence of effectiveness.
- Establish a mechanism by which impact can be assessed across programs as a contribution to the field.
Job Location - City, State
- Master’s degree and 5-7 years relevant experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Track record of developing education innovations on time and budget that meet/exceed expected outcomes.
- Deep understanding of research and evaluation of education programs and the policy context in which they thrive.
- Passion for and experience in identifying new business ideas and partnerships in education environments.
- Excellent organizational skills, with emphasis on goal setting and program management.
- Superior communication and presentation skills with ability to communicate information clearly and concisely with senior executives and faculty.
- Skills to understand and propose products and solutions by focusing on evidence of effectiveness.
- Team player with capabilities to manage diverse stakeholder priorities toward consensus.
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Graduate School of EducationPay Range
$59,703.00 - $113,435.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family’s health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn’s Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you’re newly hired, you won’t have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That’s why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University’s libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There’s always something going on at Penn, whether it’s a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you’re right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay