Job location: Gimbel Gymnasium Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
JR00035989 University Overview
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.Posted Job Title
Personal TrainerJob Profile Title
Temporary Employee - Non-ExemptJob Description Summary
The Personal Training program is intended to encourage participants to increase participation in exercise and develop healthy behaviors in their daily lives. All Personal Trainers are expected to deliver safe and effective exercise sessions to clients in order to reach their goals. This position will be under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Fitness & Wellness and the Coordinator of Fitness & Wellness.Job Description
- Evaluating clients’ fitness levels and health conditions
- Build safe, effective, and individualized exercise programs for all clients based on their specified fitness goals
- Explain exercises in detail and provide modifications if needed
- Monitor and track progress of clients’ fitness levels
- Explain and educate clients on safe and proper use of gym equipment
- Lead both individual and group training sessions
- Promote Campus Recreation programs and services
- Perform CPR and administer first aid in case of emergencies
- Inform clients about on gym safety and hygiene guidelines
- Utilize Fusion (software) and Google Docs for weekly reporting of Personal Training client sessions
- Meet with Coordinator and Assistant Director of Fitness & Wellness as needed
- Assist with department-wide programs, staff-training as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Job Location - City, State
- Accredited and current Personal Training Certification and CPR/AED certification required.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Have the ability to interact and provide information to the Penn community on Penn Campus Rec program offerings
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Division of Recreation & Intercollegiate AthleticsPay Range
$7.25 - $230.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check may be required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.