Fleet Services Mechanic Level 2 Location:
Wheaton, ILJob Id:
674 # of Openings:
1 Fleet Services Mechanic II Job Overview
The Fleet Services Mechanic II is responsible for the day-to-day preventative maintenance and repair of all Wheaton College vehicles and equipment. Reports to the Fleet Services Manager. The hours are 7:30am-4:00pm Monday through Friday. Duties and Responsibilities
This job description is intended to represent key areas of responsibilities; specific assignments may vary from time to time, and other duties may be assigned. Qualifications
- Perform preventative maintenance work on all Wheaton College motorized assets (including generators, vehicles, trailers, etc.) in accordance with prescribed shop standard operating procedures. This may include but is not limited to oil changes and brake servicing.
- Diagnose needed repairs and perform assigned repair work on all Wheaton College motorized assets. Must be able to diagnose, plan and execute needed repairs under $500. Seek approval from Fleet Services Manager for repairs over $500.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of electrical diagnosis and the ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the work order software by utilizing the work order system to look up, schedule, assign, print, enter labor and close work orders.
- Respond to campus emergencies during or after regular working hours.
- Lead and train student workers and part-time employees. Provide training assistance to the Fleet Services Manager for full-time employees.
- Serve as a member of the snow crew for plowing and/or repairs to snow removal equipment. This includes being available during snow events which may occur outside regularly scheduled work hours.
- Keep all equipment, work areas, and tools clean and in good repair.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and participate in continued and ongoing training.
- Provide a high level of customer support and service.
- Learn to operate all College vehicles and equipment. This role is expected to demonstrate understanding and knowledge of all the College’s motorized assets.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Have three to five years of measurable auto mechanic experience.
- Proficiency in diagnosing mechanical and electrical issues.
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems found in construction equipment.
- Have a minimum of one ASE Certification or the ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
- Have and maintain a valid Illinois driver’s license.
The employee is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, stand, sit, kneel, crawl, stand on a ladder or scaffolding, reach, squat and work with hands above head for long periods of time. Required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel objects and work outside during all weather conditions (including extreme heat, cold, rain, snow, etc.) and for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. FLSA Status -
Non-Exempt As a Christ-centered community, Wheaton College faculty and staff must affirm the College’s Statement of Faith as expressing their own theological convictions and agree to live by the moral standards in Wheaton’s Community Covenant, modeling these commitments for the Christian formation of our students. Wheaton College faculty and staff also support the Christ-Centered Diversity Commitment which highlights our desire to treat all individuals as equal image-bearers of Jesus Christ through diversity, inclusion, justice and unity. Updated