Administrative Assistant for Assistant Provost Location:
Wheaton, ILJob Id:
686 # of Openings:
1 Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Provost for Academic Affairs Job Overview
Reports to the Assistant Provost for Academic Affairs to conduct administrative operations for the Assistant Provost, including project management for Core Studies and the Learning & Teaching Collaborative (LTC). Duties include managing projects and events, coordinating office communications, executing finances, handling curriculum data, and designing and reviewing documents. The current hours for this position are 40 hrs/week for 9 months of the year and 20 hrs/week for 3 months of the year, totaling .875 FTE. Duties and Responsibilities
This job description is intended to represent key areas of responsibilities; specific assignments may vary from time to time, and other duties may be assigned. Qualifications
- Performs administrative functions including managing Assistant Provost schedule; processing honoraria payments; paying invoices; coordinating Core Studies faculty load sheets and course scheduling; and approving timecards, leave reports, and P-card reports on behalf of Assistant Provost.
- Provides project leadership and administrative support for Core Studies and LTC projects and programs, including new initiatives and process improvements.
- Collaborates with Assistant Provost on event design and campus engagement for Christ at the Core Fall Series and Core Book programs.
- Coordinates various office communications for Christ at the Core, including monitoring and sending email, designing web materials, producing and distributing marketing materials, maintaining distribution lists, and answering and making phone calls.
- Assists with Curriculum Committee and Christ at the Core Assessment Subcommittee administrative functions including taking minutes for Curriculum Committee, distributing emails and letters, tracking course proposals, recommending and implementing improvements to curriculum management software, and overseeing CATC assessment reporting process.
- Drafts documents and provides copy editing, proofreading, and graphic design as assigned.
- Makes travel arrangements for Assistant Provost and Christ at the Core guest speakers including reserving flights, booking ground transportation and hotel rooms, and processing expense reimbursements.
- Conducts research and assists with presentation design as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years administrative experience, in higher education setting preferred
- Strong communication skills, detail orientation, and growth mentality
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on projects
- Ability to create and execute a project plan, connecting strategic objectives to project goals and action items
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Familiarity with computers and the internet
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud and graphic design preferred
- Type at 70 words per minute
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel, and to stand, walk, reach, bend or lift up to 10 pounds. FLSA Status -
Non Exempt As a Christ-centered community, Wheaton College faculty and staff must affirm the College’s Statement of Faith as expressing their own theological convictions and agree to live by the moral standards in Wheaton’s Community Covenant, modeling these commitments for the Christian formation of our students. Wheaton College faculty and staff also support the Christ-Centered Diversity Commitment which highlights our desire to treat all individuals as equal image-bearers of Jesus Christ through diversity, inclusion, justice and unity.
Updated July 2021