Job location: University Campus Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
Job Description SummarySaint Leo University Department of Learning Design seeks a creative Graphic Designer to be a part of our production team to produce high quality, engaging instructional content for online courses. This position requires a highly creative and detail-oriented individual who can collaborate with a team, prioritize, and manage multiple projects within deadlines. This position has no direct reports and reports to the Lead Learning Graphic Designer.
DUTIES AND TASKS:
• Develop and maintain eLearning content using various technologies such as Lectora, Articulate Storyline, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, and After Effect).
• Basic HTML knowledge. Video editing and recording a plus.
• Collaborate with the team in brainstorming, input meetings, and creative reviews.
• Create high quality and engaging instructional elements to include, but not be limited to, infographics, videos, photo editing, illustrations, and animations.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of the latest trends and technologies in online education.
• Publish and review courses in a learning management system.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Associate degree in graphic design or related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Will consider relevant experience and formal training in lieu of degree
• 2-3 years’ hands-on production, editing, and graphic design experience
• Familiarity with course-building software such as Lectora and/or Articulate
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud programs
• Exceptional layout and design skills
• Solid understanding of the creative process, with the ability to offer improvements and suggestions for functionality
• Innovative approach to online content development, with the ability to make activities and interactions come to life
• Ability to prioritize, organize, and manage time effectively while concurrently managing multiple projects
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Desire to work in a collaborative team environment
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b - Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period