Job location: University Campus Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
Job Description SummarySaint Leo University is currently seeking qualified candidates in the Saint Leo, Florida area to be cleared and added to our adjunct Advisor availability pool. Qualified applicants, transcripts, and materials will be reviewed and processed in preparation for assignment-based student advising needs for upcoming terms. Select adjunct Advisors from the pool may be contracted term-by-term based on advising need and availability. Saint Leo University reserves the right to not schedule and/or assign advising responsibilities or advisees based on student enrollment needs.
Criminal justice Adjuncts Advisors are primarily responsible for advising students of their academic progress in the criminal justice or related disciplines.
This is a part-time, non-teaching advising assignment, for approximately 15-20 hours per week at the Saint Leo University campus in Saint Leo, Florida.
In addition to your curriculum vitae/resume, the following documents are required for consideration. Please be sure to check the email under which you applied for important instructions on completing remaining steps, including uploading documents in the second step of the application packet process as follows:
· Cover Letter
· Personal Philosophy - (500 words or less), highlight how your philosophy and practices fit the Mission and Values of Saint Leo University.
· Three (3) Names of References – Please list three names of recent professional references, including at least one recent supervisor. Be sure to include reference name, email and phone numbers. Transcripts Official transcripts are required for all adjuncts.
· Official transcripts for all completed Bachelors, Masters, Doctorate degrees or graduate work are required to complete your application packet and are to be issued directly to Saint Leo University from the respective education institution.*
Transcripts that are “Issued to Student” or issued to another institution are not accepted.
World Education Services (WES) Evaluation – A certified evaluation and translation from World Education Services (WES) is required for foreign transcripts and/or any and all degrees obtained from international universities. Expenses for official transcripts are the responsibility of the applicant.
Please have official transcripts and certified evaluations mailed to:
Saint Leo University
Academic Affairs MC 2006
Attn: Veronica Mantegna
PO Box 6665
Saint Leo, Florida 33574
Or electronically to the email below:
Adjunct Advisors will be responsible for:
· Advising new and returning students (Non-Teaching)
· Complete graduation clearance
· Complete/assist in student paperwork (PUR, graduation apps, etc.).
· Maintain/update student files
· Register students in the current Student Information System (Ellucian Colleague)
· Track student graduation status, student overloads and perform other duties as assigned by the Dept. Chair. This will also include new student orientation each term, assist with answering phones, scheduling and bulk mailings.
· Act in a professional manner at all times
· Report as directed by the appropriate academic school dean, associate dean, director, or chair.
· Meet all scheduled advising and organizational meetings for the assigned period.
· Be available to students for individual consultation and/or disseminate information to students.
· Abide by and uphold University policies and core values.
· Carry out duties and responsibilities as provided on the website, handbook(s), and policies.
Adjuncts are assigned and report to specific disciplines and locations with reporting to their location administrator as it pertains to daily operations as defined in the term-by-term contractual agreement, but ultimately have responsibility to their discipline specific department chair or director and/or school dean.
· Minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in discipline is preferred
· Academic or other counseling background, preferred
· Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skill and abilities
· Experience in higher education administration
· Experience with non-traditional students
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Word and Excel
· Student Information System experience with Ellucian Colleague or Anthology CampusNexus experience preferred
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b - Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period