DescriptionUniversity of Colorado Denver l CU Anschutz Medical CampusCentral Human ResourcesSenior Talent Acquisition ConsultantPosition #212143 – Requisition 22091
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Human Resources Office has an opening for two full-time University Staff (unclassified) Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant positions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Position Emphasis:
This position serves on the Talent Acquisition and Compensation team in the campus HR office and may be located at the downtown or Anschutz Medical Campus. Our department provides customer-focused human resources solutions by partnering with our faculty and staff to advance the University's mission, vision and values. This position determines and implements strategies for talent acquisition, job evaluation, and retention of University Staff and Classified staff; ensures compliance with FLSA and State personnel laws, rules, regulations, procedures, and guidelines; and communicates, internally and externally, about human resource practices and specific actions. This position reports to the Manager of Talent Acquisition.Examples of Work Performed:
- Responsible for HR Recruitment Services where Consultant handles the entire recruitment and sourcing process after discussing needs with hiring authority. Refers most qualified candidates to hiring authority. Builds a pool of qualified candidates in preparation for future recruitment needs.
- Serves as an active member of university staff searches and advises and consults on effective recruitment and selection techniques.
- Develops training presentations.
- Approves entries in human resources information system (HCM), ensuring that data entered is correct and appropriate according to state, university and departmental rules and procedures.
- Evaluates, interprets and analyzes technical and historical information, State Personnel rules and procedures, and university policies.
- Fills classified positions by writing job announcements, screening applications, performing job analyses, selecting/developing and scoring comparative analysis assessment devices, and working with SMEs (Subject Matter Experts).
- Decides which type of announcement, recruiting method and comparative analysis process is appropriate for specific openings. Develops comparative analysis in compliance with professional standards and State personnel rules.
- Determines the proper classification and FLSA designation of classified staff positions and university staff positions.
- Identifies appropriate exemption reason for university staff positions based on State statute.
- Advises and consults with Business Partners and management to assist them in resolving issues and/or problems as related to recruitment, classification, compensation, and the interpretation and application of University policies and State Personnel Rules and Procedures.
- Identifies issues and initiates contact with appropriate management to provide proactive and preventive solutions to these or other personnel issues.
- And special assignments and various projects as assigned.
Salary and Benefits:The salary range for this position has been established at $53,709 to $65,000. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
A bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Science or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 2 years of professional level experience in full-cycle recruitment, job evaluation, and experience utilizing web-based HRMS and applicant tracking systems.Substitution: Technical or professional human resources experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the bachelor’s degree requirement but not for the two years of professional experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- 5 years of professional level experience in full-cycle recruitment with strong sourcing experience.
- Experience with job evaluation and/or compensation.
- Experience working with Taleo ATS, sourcing on LinkedIn, and/or utilizing PeopleSoft HRMS or a similar system.
- Certification in selection or job evaluation from the State of Colorado or other professional certification (PHR, SPHR, IPMA, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP).
Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate a broad range of laws, rules, and regulations in order to exercise good judgment in applying them to human resource challenges.Knowledge of the professional standards, concepts, and practices of recruitment and selection, employee relations, or organizational development and human resource policy.Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, including public speaking. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.Knowledge of applicable Federal and State laws and regulations.Analytical and critical thinking skills. Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task.Ability to actively listen and share relevant information, anticipate problems, establish and maintain effective working relationships, and work effectively with internal and external constituents to satisfy service expectations.Must possess a professional demeanor and have experience that demonstrates problem solving skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.Interest and desire for a career in the human resources field.Job Category:
Human ResourcesPrimary Location:
Jul 14, 2021Unposting Date: