Physical TherapistEmployment Type: Staff - RegularEmployee Class: Unclass Part Time AFSCME HSCBargaining Unit: AFSCMEShift: 1Work Hours: - Hours Per Week: 32FTE: 0.8Location: HSC HospitalDepartment: OP-Physical TherapyNumber of Openings: 1Salary Range: $ 31.08 - 36.68Grade: Unclassified AFSCME HSC - N1U81Float: NoRotate: NoOn Call: NoTravel: NoWeekend/Holiday: YesRequisition ID: req3540Position Control Number (PCN): H93002Posting Period: 7/14/2021 - 7/19/2021 internal/externalPosition is filled in accordance with AFSCME Article 11Position Description:
Performs patient examination, provides or supervises therapeuticinterventions that include the use of physical agents, manual techniques,therapeutic exercise, and patient education; evaluates the effect of treatmentand modifies the plan of care as appropriate. Supervises physical therapistassistants and non-licensed support staff; serves as clinical instructor (asassigned) for student physical therapists and student physical therapistassistants. Communicates with the referring provider in writing and/orverbally, and with other members of the treatment team. Complies with the rulesand laws governing the practice of physical therapy as outlined in the OhioRevised Code (ORC).Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesQualifications:
- Current physical therapy licensure from the Ohio State Board of Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Athletic Trainers.
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy program.
- Obtains/maintains CPR Certification from the American Heart Association prior to the completion of probationary period. American Red Cross CPR Certification is acceptable for hire.
- Passes annual safety test.
- Achieves competencies for assigned work area as dictated by director (i.e., age specific, suctioning, aseptic technique).
Communication and other skills:
- Good written and verbal communication skills to allow for functioning as a team member, assure adequate documentation for payors, and to ensure continuity of care.
- Adheres to UTMC service values.
1) Visualacuity of 20/20 or corrected to 20/20 including color vision when applicable;
2) Ability tohear (with or without aides);
3) Ability toorally communicate;
4) Goodmanual dexterity;
5) Ability topush, pull, roll, and transfer/lift 50 pounds occasionally;
6) Ability tostand, walk frequently;
7) Ability tobend, reach, stoop, kneel frequently;
8) Ability toperform CPR (if a required for position).
Work in assigned area (Hospital, Rehab Center, or Outpatient Center) up to 40 hours per week; evening hours may be required as well as weekend and holiday rotation. Standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, bending, stooping and lifting may be required. Exposure to biologically hazardous and various weather situations is possible. May work with patients from adolescence to geriatric.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request
.Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo, or at the satellite HR Office located at the Facilities Services Building, Suite 1000 on the Health Science Campus.To promote the highest levels of health and well-being, theUniversity of Toledo campuses are tobacco-free. To further this effort, the University of Toledo Health Science Campus MedicalCenter is requiring candidates for employment to be nicotine-free. Pre-employment health screening requirementswill include cotinine (nicotine) testing, as well as drug and other requiredhealth screenings for the position. The employment offer is conditional uponsuccessful completion of a cotinine test and Occupational Health clearance.