Vascular Ultrasound Tech- Vascular Ultrasound (req3521)Employment Type: Staff - RegularEmployee Class: Unclass Full Time AFSCME HSCBargaining Unit: AFSCMEShift: 1Work Hours: 7:00 am - 9:00 pmHours Per Week: 40FTE: 1Location: HSC HospitalDepartment: Vascular UltrasoundNumber of Openings: 1Salary Range: $ 25.88 - 31.67Grade: Unclassified AFSCME HSC - N1U54Float: YesRotate: YesOn Call: YesTravel: NoWeekend/Holiday: YesRequisition ID: req3521Position Control Number (PCN): H95188Posting Period: 7/14/2021 - 7/21/2021 internal and external
*** Position filled in accordance with AFSCME Article 11. AFSCME Bids accepted 07/14/2021 - 07/20/2021
All other applications accepted through 07/21/2021 ***
To promote the highest levels of health and well-being, theUniversity of Toledo campuses are tobacco-free. To further this effort, theUniversity of Toledo Health Science Campus Medical Center is requiringcandidates for employment to be nicotine-free. Pre-employment health screeningrequirements will include cotinine (nicotine) testing, as well as drug andother required health screenings for the position. The employment offer isconditional upon successful completion of a cotinine test and OccupationalHealth clearance.
Under the direction of a radiologist, performs sonography procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgement to apply prescribed imaging for radiologic diagnosis. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures as required. Can assist the radiologist in interventional procedures. Serves as an ambassador of UTMC in the community, demonstrating our organization’s values, services and mission.Qualifications:
- Demonstrates clinical competency in caring of patients as identified in department’s Scope of Care.
- Demonstrates competency in the care of the patient in the following stages of the life cycle: infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatrics, as well as special population needs.
- Effectively responds to customer service needs.
- Demonstrates effective age and culturally appropriate interaction with patients, families and other member of the health care team.
- Adheres to UTMC’s Customer Service values and iCare Standards.
- Seeks out ways to assist patients and co-workers.
- Actively participates in performance improvement activities as related to job duties.
- Responsible for compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements.
Required Communication and other skills:
- Satisfactory completion of formal sonography program that meets standards of approval by ARDMS.
- ARDMS registered.
- Advanced RVT certification.
- CPR certification through the American Heart Association.
Possesses skills in communication; both verbal and written.
With medical staff and hospital personnel as well as referring physicians and their offices; stats and critical test results.Uses verbal and written communication to report data concerning patients to appropriate individuals in an accurate, timely and confidential manner.Promptly reports any errors or deviations from operational standards.Identifies self to customers as Ultrasound Vascular Technologist.Direct all incoming telephone and written communication to the appropriate section of Radiology. Physical requirements:
1. Visual acuity of 20/20 or corrected to 20/20 including color vision when applicable.2. Ability to hear with or without aides.3. Ability to orally communicate.4. Good manual dexterity.5. Ability to push, pull, roll and transfer/lift 50 pounds occasionally.6. Ability to sit, stand and walk frequently.7. Ability to bend, reach, stoop and kneel frequently.8. Ability to perform CPR and first aid as necessary.Working Conditions:
Works in a trauma, acute care hospital and outpatient clinical settings, with possible high stress levels.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request
.Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo.