IT Business AnalystEmployment Type: Staff - RegularEmployee Class: Unclassified PSA FTBargaining Unit: BU ExemptShift: 1Work Hours: 8 - 5Hours Per Week: 40FTE: 1Location: Main Campus AdministrationDepartment: IT PersonnelNumber of Openings: 1Salary Range: Discussed over education and experience Grade: Salaried MC - UN07Float: NoRotate: NoOn Call: NoTravel: NoWeekend/Holiday: NoRequisition ID: req3558Position Control Number (PCN): 934885Posting Period: Open Until FilledPosition Description:
The business system analyst willdesign new IT solutions to improve business efficiency and productivity. Thebusiness system analyst will work closely with clients; examine existingbusiness models and the flows of data in Enterprise Resource Applications (SunGardBanner, etc.); discuss findings with clients, and then design an appropriate ITsolution.
The business system analyst will draw up and specify costs andresources, if any, and produce outline designs of clients requirements,specifying the data, files and logical operations the system will perform, andthe way data will be viewed by the user.
The business system analyst will workclosely with the technical teams to implement the solution. Otherresponsibilities are: liaise extensively with external or internal IT clients;produce project feasibility reports; translate client requirements into highlyspecified project briefs; identify options for potential solutions and assessthem for both technical and business suitability; create logical and innovativesolutions to complex business problems; draw up specific proposals for modifiedor replacement systems; present proposals to clients; work closely withdevelopers, technical teams and report writers and a variety of end users toensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction; ensure that budgets areadhered to and deadlines met; draw up a test schedule for the complete system;oversee the implementation of a new system; plan and work flexibly to adeadline; provide training to users of the new system, if necessary; keep up todate with technical as well as industry sector developments. Contact with clients and vendors are required on an as-neededbasis. Performs other related duties asrequired.
Flexible work arrangements are available, including remote work options.Qualifications:
Qualifications/Knowledge,Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum associate’s degree in business, computer science, engineering or related fields.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, engineering or related field is preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of business systems analysis/data modeling, application development work experience in SCT/SunGard Banner environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Crystal Reports required.
- 1 - 3 years experience with Data Modeling, Reporting, Business Intelligence, and/or Data Warehousing.
- 1 – 3 years experience with executive reporting, dashboards, key performance indicators (KPI), and/or scorecards preferred.
- 1 - 3 years experience with SQL and/or Oracle relational database management systems.
- 1 - 3 years experience with Visual Basic or SQL programming languages.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and data modeling required.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good knowledge of Higher Education general business practices and procedures.
- Familiarity with existing operating systems.
- Ability to develop business system models, report, programming, debugging, and data analysis.
- Ability to effectively work with people in other departments and/or outside of the enterprise.
- Ability to work in a multi-platform environment.
Work is often performed in a professional office environment with possible high stress levels, but is also performed at client locations. Job may require lifting 50 lbs.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request
.Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo, or at the satellite HR Office located at the Facilities Services Building, Suite 1000 on the Health Science Campus.