Registrar (9723C), BAMPFA 20920
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
The mission of the UC Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive (BAMPFA) is to inspire the imagination and ignite critical dialogue through art, film, and other forms of creative expression. BAMPFA has developed an international reputation for its active and ambitious exhibition programs, as well as for the quality of its art and film collections and research resources. BAMPFA is an institution with a stellar history and an exciting future. For more information, visit our website https://www.google.com/url?q=http://bampfa.org&source=gmail&ust=1626291349361000&usg=AFQjCNEM73yzl9LrEUvfz4eCVOdiBkc95Q
" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2371039&targetURL=http://bampfa.org/" target="_blank">bampfa.org.
Exhibition Administration Responsibilities:
- Independently researches, selects, and implements local, domestic, and international packing and shipping arrangements for works of art for temporary exhibitions.
- Solicits bids from art shipping agents and selects appropriate agent or carrier.
- Schedules shipments working with fine art shippers and freight forwarders, and prepares shipping and customs documents.
- Examines art works and prepares technical condition reports.
- Creates detailed notebooks which contain condition reports, exhibition checklists, packing and installation instructions, and general instructions for travelling exhibitions.
- Maintains record-keeping systems related to exhibition management, including creating databases or spreadsheets as needed, and preparing receipts.
- Corresponds with lenders, reviews loan contracts, negotiates insurance arrangements, and arranges for insurance certificates.
- Examines and documents condition of works of art, including new acquisitions, incoming and outgoing loans.
Art Collection Administration Responsibilities:
- May coordinate arrangements and documentation for new acquisitions, extended loans, and outgoing loans, including working with donors and lenders.
- Coordinates public access to works of art in storage in accordance with collection access policies.
- Determines and arranges for appropriate and cost-effective shipping of works of art.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in art museum registration, with experience in the area of exhibition organization and management.
- Experience independently overseeing domestic and international fine art shipping arrangements.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including diplomacy.
- Art handling experience with a wide variety of media.
- Experience preparing condition reports for artworks.
- Thorough understanding of art museum standards and protocols.
- Strong computer skills, able to learn new programs quickly. Familiarity with Mac OS platform, working knowledge of software such as Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel), and Google Apps for Education (Email, Calendar and Drive). Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat preferred.
- BA in Art History or related field, MA in Art History or Museum Studies and/or equivalent training/experience.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a limited appointment.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=20920&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency