Adjunct - Foundations Clinical Instructor
Job Description Summary:
Southwestern Michigan College is seeking Clinical Adjunct Instructors to join the School of Nursing and Health Services. Clinical Instructors are responsible for teaching students in a small group instructional clinical setting, utilizing current and multimodal delivery and evaluation of knowledge, techniques, and skills. Responsible for the delivery of content in accordance with student and client needs and applicable standards of nursing practice, also responsible for the assessment of applied knowledge, techniques and skills in clinical practice.
The Instructor must work effectively with lead faculty, administrators and staff in a rapidly changing team environment; support and contribute to diversity and student success initiatives of the college. The Instructor will remain current in subject area and teaching methodologies by incorporating relevant safety, quality, and evidenced-based practice recommendations. Some evenings or weekends may be required depending on the clinical sites.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in department and discipline curriculum activities when time permits.
- Orient students to Simulation Lab and clinical site and demonstrate proper procedure.
- Develops plans that promote the development of higher-order thinking skills in the instructional process.
- Supports the academic area and college through other work normally expected of adjunct faculty members.
- Serves as a role model of professional nursing in the practice setting.
- Assist lead faculty to ensure all items needed to teach lab class are available and ready for use.
- Provide simulation lab instructions as recommended by lead faculty.
- The duties listed in this job description are not all-inclusive, but a list of the major responsibilities. Additional duties not noted in the job description may be assigned by a supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
• Minimum of two years of experience in an acute care center.
• Unencumbered RN Licensure in Michigan
• BLS Certification
• Master’s Degree in Nursing Education
• Experience in nursing simulation
• Clinical Teaching Experience
• Licensure in Indiana and Michigan
All applicants must demonstrate the ability to promote active and collaborative learning through a variety of teaching methods, as well as relate to students. Excellent organization and communication skills as well as the demonstrated use of instructional technology are required.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, visit https://swmich.peopleadmin.com/postings/3471
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency