Associate Director of Data Analysis and Operations
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Associate Director of Data Analysis and OperationsJob Profile Title
Associate Director CJob Description Summary
Established in 1927, The Penn Fund, Penn's undergraduate annual giving fund, serves as the primary philanthropic vehicle for the University's 100,000+ strong community of undergraduate alumni and students. Gifts to The Penn Fund benefit the University's highest undergraduate priorities through unrestricted support and individual endowed scholarships.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Donor Participation, the Associate Director of Data Analysis and Operations will be an active contributor on The Penn Fund's high-performing marketing team. This position supervises three team members - one data coordinator responsible for sourcing donor information for mass solicitation, among other tasks, and two administrative staff who provide critical donor support for all gifts to The Penn Fund. The ideal candidate will ultimately be responsible for the management of Penn Fund gift processing operations, preparing data for direct response and electronic communications, creating strategy to ensure strong annual retention, reactivation, and acquisition rates, analyzing results to evaluate current marketing practices as well as helping to establish and meet alumni participation goals.Job DescriptionSpecific Responsibilities:
- Manage and mentor three Penn Fund team members in data coordination and donor support who provide critical functionalities to the marketing team and enhance the entire Penn Fund team.
- In partnership with The Penn Fund leadership team and fellow marketing team members, develop and implement donor segmentation strategy and accompanying analysis that support the annual renewal, reactivation, and acquisition goals.
- Provide thoughts and ideas to help create specific donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies that are informed by data and industry best practices.
- Serve as the primary data analyst for The Penn Fund team while providing quarterly donor and dollar projections, executing direct mail and email data requests, and acting as the departmental liaison to the central data analysis and reporting team within Development and Alumni Relations.
- Partner effectively with the marketing team and external vendors to produce direct response and email communications for the renewal, reactivation, and acquisition of Penn Fund donors utilizing a robust quality assurance process.
- Manage all Penn Fund gift operations as well as all online and phone inquiries from donors related to processing, acknowledgments, and giving histories. Serve as departmental liaison to central gift accounting, administration, and records within Development and Alumni Relations.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the University of Pennsylvania as well as peers from other colleges and universities to maximize outcomes and success.
Please provide a resume and cover letter for consideration. Please upload all documents in the “Resume/CV” section of the application prior to submitting.Qualifications:
- Complete other special projects and duties as assigned.
BA/BS required; course work in statistics, business analytics, or management preferred, plus at least three to five years of relevant professional experience required. Must basically understand fundraising principles as well as be able to manage a complex set of responsibilities, utilizing a strong set of organizational and interpersonal skills, and to take initiative to meet deadlines. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; demonstrated creativity and innovation; selfmotivation and comfort both working independently and on a team. Ability to manage and mentor team members, to multi-task, to establish objectives and set performance standards, and to be proactive in expanding scope of gift processing and donor relations activities within The Penn Fund. Must be able to prioritize and motivate people, solve problems, and possess enthusiasm for teaching and flexibility when completing work. Ability to quickly provide progress reports and numbers to contribute to data-driven decision making. Enthusiasm to take the lead on new projects and initiatives, some of which may fall outside scope of job description. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel. Additional experience using customer relationship manager (CRM) technology, such as Salesforce or comparable database, SQL, and data visualization tools (ex: Qlikview or Tableau). Ability to learn quickly and implement findings to increase process efficiency and effectiveness. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds. Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends. Occasional travel and valid driver's license required.Please include both resume and cover letter to be considered for this opportunity.Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Development and Alumni RelationsPay Range
$50,684.00 - $91,232.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/FMC-Tower-Development/Associate-Director-of-Data-Analysis-and-Operations_JR00028647
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency