Senior Director, Project Management
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Senior Director, Project ManagementJob Profile Title
Director DJob Description Summary
The Gene Therapy Program (GTP) is entering a new era of unprecedented opportunity with the great potential to reshape the face of medicine as we know it. Our discoveries have set the stage for successful treatments and possibly even cures for devastating genetic diseases.
The laboratory of Dr. Jim Wilson, at GTP of the University of Pennsylvania, has been a leader in the development of innovative vector technology for close to three decades. We have emerged as the “go-to” organization for public and private partners, who want to participate in the gene therapy space. Currently, we are positioned to lead another round of vector innovation and establish pre-clinical and clinical proof-of-concept in therapeutic applications of in-vivo genome editing.
Continuation of all GTP positions is contingent upon funding.Job Description
We are currently seeking a Senior Director of Project Management to lead the GTP Project Management organization. This key role will have overall responsibility for implementing and executing project management best practices for all GTP therapeutic development programs which range from early stage discovery through clinical proof of concept.
Reporting to the Chief Strategy and Business Officer, the Senior Director will lead and enable the GTP project management team to develop, implement and execute the overall development strategy and plan for both internal and alliance partner programs. You will have overall responsibility for managing and developing a high-performing project management team that is responsible for the development of project research plans, program budgets, communication plans, collaboration reporting, and resource plan development.
You will set clear and accountable goals for direct reports and ensure alignment with GTP's objectives and mission. You will promote continual learning and team cohesiveness to optimize the performance of all project management activities. In addition, you will lead GTP alliance partner joint research teams. This will require establishing strong relationships with internal GTP research and functional area leadership as well as with external alliance partner research teams.
This role is highly cross-functional and will involve close collaboration with external GTP partners, along with senior leadership, core leadership, functional area leadership and study directors within GTP.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of successfully leading therapeutic discovery and early development project teams along with experience managing other project managers/project management teams. The Senior Director of Project Management should possess a strong scientific background and demonstrated therapeutic development experience that includes planning, executing, and delivering INDs and CTAs to global regulatory authorities. An emphasis will be placed on superior leadership, execution, and communication across the GTP organization and between GTP and GTP alliance partners.Qualifications:
Job Location - City, State
- Master's Degree and 5 to 7 years overall experience in pharmaceutical development (can include experience with bench science, CMC, clinical study, etc.) with at least 5 years program management experience in the biopharmaceutical industry or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. PhD (life sciences) or MBA preferred; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Experience leading drug development project teams and managing other project managers/project management teams.
- Track record and thorough understanding of pharmaceutical development processes, discovery through clinical proof of concept.
- Experience filing INDs and CTAs.
- Proven ability to balance the strategic needs of the program with tactical day-to-day activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate others, influence without authority, and negotiate conflict situations.
- Outstanding communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Highly collaborative team player who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation between all stakeholders.
- Proven ability to balance conflicting priorities across multiple programs, and to make sound recommendations for trade-offs between resources to achieve organizational objectives.
- Self-directed individual who is able to work with limited direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience creating and managing integrated timelines and budgets.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities under tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple diverse cross-functional teams in a matrix organizational structure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Project).
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Perelman School of MedicinePay Range
$88,861.00 - $168,837.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Translational-Research-Laboratories/Senior-Director--Project-Management_JR00028585-1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency