The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Manager, HusbandryJob Profile Title
Manager, HusbandryJob Description Summary
The Manager of Husbandry is responsible for the daily operations of the animal facility, internal systems, policies & procedures and the facility staff. The Manager of Husbandry provides leadership, oversight and long range planning to ensure that all areas are operating at the highest standard possible.Job DescriptionRESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES:
- Manage the daily operations of the animal facility from a husbandry and regulatory perspective.
- Responsible for the hiring, supervising, coaching and training of animal welfare workers, providing regular, on-going feedback and timely evaluations.
- Monitors safety compliance for staff, visitors, and vendors. Addresses employee problems.
- Interface with primary investigators and research staff to troubleshoot and resolve problems related to facilities, husbandry, and animal care. Provide orientation and training for existing and new users of the facility, providing information, and services.
- Maintain and archive records related to facility activities, census, and animal procurement using computer-based software.
- Order feed, bedding, supplies, and equipment in support of animal facility.
- Assist in developing, revising, implementation and training of staff on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Manage and archive employee records regarding training and occupational medicine.
- Perform other duties as required
- Graduation from a vocational or technical school plus 5-7 years related experience or equivalent combination of education & experience
- AALAS certification at the LATG level preferred; required within 6 months
- Experience managing a laboratory animal facilities or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated supervisory knowledge, including motivational techniques and professional development/training methods
- Demonstrated program management knowledge including basic statistical methods, budget development and oversight, and knowledge of local, state and federal regulations for the workplace
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to helping others reach their full potential
- Ability to work in an emotionally taxing field - a positive attitude and sense of humor are essential
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends
Must pass pre-employment physical examination before starting workUniversity Benefits:Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Ability to stay standing or active during entire shift
- Ability to lift and carry objects and animals of up to 50 lbs
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and other strenuous activities
: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect your and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.Tuition
: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.Retirement:
Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.Time Away from Work:
Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.Long-Term Care Insurance:
In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.Wellness and Work-life Resources
: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.Professional and Personal Development:
Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.University Resources:
As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.Discounts and Special Services
: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay *** REQUIRED , Please include a resume and cover letter as one attachment when applying***Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Provost's CenterPay Range
$50,684.00 - $91,232.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Veterinary-School/Manager--Husbandry_JR00025989
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency