Associate Director for Undergraduate Research
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Associate Director for Undergraduate ResearchJob Profile Title
Associate Director BJob Description Summary
Reporting to the Sr. Associate Director for Undergraduate Research, the Associate Director will assist with undergraduate research outreach efforts, manage summer programming for PURM, maintain undergraduate research databases, assist with fall and spring grant application processes, coordinate annual undergraduate research events, manage undergraduate research website and social media, and assist with assessment and reporting processes for research experiences. We are seeking a creative and organized individual with excellent communication skills, both written and oral; strong organizational skills; good decision-making and ability to work both collaboratively and independently with limited supervision; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines required; must have the ability to handle sensitive material and information confidentially. Maturity, poise, judgment and professionalism are essential. May be expected to work some evening and weekend hours.Job Description
- Assist with outreach programming to promote Penn undergraduate research opportunities and CURF undergraduate research programs including the Penn Undergraduate Mentoring Program (PURM), Jumpstart for Juniors, Summer Humanities Internship Program (SHIP), among others
- Coordinate the annual programs highlighting Penn undergraduate research including, the CURF Research Expo in September, Research and Fellowships Week, Quaker Days, etc
- Maintain the database of undergraduate research opportunities and the directory of Penn research faculty; maintain the Undergraduate Research website and social media
- Assist with managing the fall and spring grant application processes and grant reviews
- Manage summer programming for PURM
- Help develop and support assessment processes for research experiences and provide relevant information for donor and other reports.
- Manage the selection process for Research Peer Advisors (RPA), and supervise RPAs
- Advise students on undergraduate research opportunities.
Qualifications: A Master's Degree in ANY field with 3-5 years of experience in higher education and knowledge of/experience with/past participation in undergraduate research or similar high-impact academic practices is required. Successful applicants will also have a demonstrated ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds.Cover Letter is Required Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Provost Interdisciplinary ProgramsPay Range
$42,953.00 - $77,315.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/The-Arch-Christian-Association/Associate-Director-for-Undergraduate-Research_JR00035895
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency