Senior Research Associate
Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
Posting Number :
The Senior Research Associate performs a range of research-related, fundraising, training and education, and project management tasks to support the mission of the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies (CNS). They develop and manage research projects, publish research, and contribute their expertise to CNS's education and training programs. This is a part-time staff position (up to 20hrs/week) requiring strong research skills, a background in project management, and extensive experience and expertise in both nonproliferation studies and the Middle East region. Expertise in missile proliferation specifically is preferred.
• Develop and manage research projects, from the proposal to project implementation stages, particularly in the areas of Middle East nonproliferation and missile nonproliferation. This includes managing complex projects and teams applying a wide range of specialized open source analysis skills to nonproliferation research.
• Maintain, and where necessary develop new relationships with industry, government, and other institutions related to the position’s research portfolio.
• Provide expert media commentary.
• Publish original research and present findings at conferences.
• Lecture at CNS professional development courses, and where appropriate teach/co-teach graduate and undergraduate level courses on nonproliferation.
• Hire, manage, mentor, and train graduate research assistants, interns, and junior staff.
Other duties as required.
M.A. degree in political science or international relations, preferably with a specialization in nonproliferation and/or international security, or equivalent experience in the field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent analytical, research, and writing skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
• Expertise in nonproliferation and Middle East regional studies (as demonstrated by relevant language fluency and research experience). Missile proliferation expertise preferred.
• Knowledge and experience of one or more open source analysis techniques (including foreign language research, special software programs applicable to nonproliferation, or geospatial analysis experience)
• Willingness and ability to adapt to changing technologies and systems.
• Strong project management skills
At least 4-6 years of relevant experience in research and project management. Demonstrated Middle East regional expertise, including fluency in at least one Middle East region language and 4-6 years professional activities or research projects focused on the Middle East region. Experience with open source analytical research desirable (e.g., open source research involving foreign languages, special software programs, or geospatial analytical skills).
The Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey maintains a smoke-free workplace and complies with the Federal Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act and Drug-Free Workplace Act.Position requires light to moderate physical effort, the ability to work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time, and occasional travel. Remote work options, within the United States, exist for this position.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please visit: https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/23746
Middlebury is an equal-opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. To this end, Middlebury recruits talented and diverse faculty, staff, and students from across the United States and around the world. Middlebury encourages applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of other protected classes and historically underrepresented communities. Middlebury also invites applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency