SERVICE CENTER SUPERVISOR
Number of Vacancies:
Campus Facilities Operations
Scope of Job:
Provides daily direction and oversight for service center activities and provides customer service in an established service area.
Description of Duties:
• Supervises Front Counter and Phone Center customer service staff in order to provide excellent customer service.
• Coordinates coverage of all assigned areas and duties and monitors work schedules.
• Works with assigned supervisor to assess development needs and conduct training for Front Counter and Phone Center staff.
• Coordinates resolution of complex inquiries and deals with challenging front counter issues.
• Ensures clientele are directed to appropriate person based on their specific need or issues.
• Coordinates the scheduling of all appointments.
• Responds to customer inquiries regarding department related questions, policies and procedures.
• Maintains a high degree of confidentiality in all sensitive information this position is privy to.
• Maintains knowledge and ensures adherence to regulations, policies and procedures concerning the departmental programs.
• Provides assistance with activities pertaining to all departmental programs.
• Coordinates and evaluates the filing of documents to ensure completeness and accuracy.
• Maintains general knowledge of multiple assigned programs and their connection to key administrators, faculty, and staff.
• Coordinates information and deadlines with other areas to ensure a cohesive departmental message.
• May assist with a limited part of the departmental budgeting, purchasing, hiring and/or accounting procedures.
• Hires, supervises, trains and schedules assigned part-time and full-time Service Center support staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Direct supervision from the assigned supervisor.
Supervises assigned staff.
• Associate’s degree, or• 60 hours of College Credit.
Four (4) years of experience obtained in customer service, office support function or a field related to the departments mission, including one (1) year of supervisory experience.
Knowledge of standard office equipment and programs. Preferred: experience utilizing student information system.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment. Some travel and weekend/evening work is required.
Ability to relate in a professional manner to a wide variety of students, parents faculty and staff. Strong communication skills, including the ability to solve problems and conflict effectively. Ability to identify specific needs and to refer students effectively to available resources.
Commensurate with Experience
Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date:
Grant Funded Position:
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Dear Applicant, Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following: *Date of Birth *Gender *Ethnicity/Race Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days. If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/29068
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency