Assistant Coach, Softball
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.Posted Job Title
Assistant Coach, SoftballJob Profile Title
Temporary Employee - ExemptJob Description Summary
The Assistant Coach, Softball is responsible for assisting the Head Softball Coach in the administration and teaching of the Softball program. This includes, but is not limited to, an extensive amount of administrative duties, recruiting, teaching, and advising of student athletes. Receives direct administrative supervision and guidance from the Head Coach of Softball.Job DescriptionResponsibilities
- Coach and teach sport specific skills and strategies to current student athletes at practice and competition, including preparation for said practice and competition. Educate team members on proper training techniques, exercises, and any sport specific needs. Prepare and execute practice and competition plans. Provide instruction and advice before, during and after competition in both group and individual settings.
- Consistently recruit national caliber athletes for enrollment at the University through mail, phone, and in-person contact. Identify and properly vet prospects of strong character, academic ability, and athletic skill. Evaluate recruits at competition. Organize and coordinate official and unofficial visits. Communicate with athletic liaison to financial aid regarding top prospect academic viability.
- Effectively work with staff members in the areas of compliance, student development, external operations, facilities/operations, equipment operations, internal operations, and athletic development. Comply with all NCAA, Ivy League, University, and divisional rules and policies. Assist in organizing team and coach travel, compliance paperwork, and other administrative responsibilities.
- Serve as role-model and adviser for student-athletes in a general capacity. Connect student athletes to necessary resources within and outside of Penn Athletics as needed. Provide support system to all student-athletes on the team.
- Assist the head coach in building strong relationships with alumni, fans, campus partners and the broader community.
- Other duties as assigned
A Bachelor's degree and 1 years to 2 years of experience coaching soccer, preferably at the collegiate level required. The ability to motivate recruits, student-athletes, and alumni to support the program enthusiastically. Working knowledge and compliance of NCAA/Ivy League policies and procedures. Ability to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and travel with the team or when recruiting as required. Valid driver's license required.Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Division of Recreation & Intercollegiate AthleticsPay Range
$15,080.00 - $200,000.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check may be required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Weightman-Hall/Assistant-Coach--Softball_JR00035767
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency