Duke University is seeking a qualified candidate to be a Sports Performance Coach working with Women’s Lacrosse and select groups within Track & Field. This position is responsible for designing, implementing, conducting, and monitoring sports performance programs for assigned Olympic sports student-athletes and teams.
· Master’s or Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Biomechanics, Health Sciences or related field
· Current NSCA CSCS or CSCCa SCCC certification
· Minimum of 2-3 years as a full-time sports performance coach with an NCAA collegiate athletics department or professional sports organization
· Current CPR/First Aid Certification required
· The candidate must also possess strong organizational and communications skills
· Experience working with male and female athletes across a variety of teams in all areas of sports performance, including advanced speed development, weight training techniques, and energy system development programs
· An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in place of the requirements above
· Designing and implementing sports performance programs for Olympic Sports student athletes and teams as assigned by the Director of Sports Performance and Director of Olympic Sports Performance
· Assisting in scheduling teams for and monitoring and maintenance of the Scott Family Athletics Performance Facility
· Additional Administrative Leadership responsibilities assigned by Director of Sports Performance and Director of Olympic Sports Performance
· Participating in ongoing individual and group professional development activities
· All duties must be performed in compliance with NCAA, Conference and University rules and regulations.
· Collaborating with athletic medicine, sports nutrition, and sports psychology/behavioral health staff to provide comprehensive support for the Duke student-athlete experience
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
How to Apply:
Interested Applicants please send cover letter, resume, and list of three references as one document to [email protected] Please put "Sports Performance Coach, Olympic Sports" in the subject line. An electronic resume, cover letter, and list of 3 references should also be submitted at http://www.hr.duke.edu/jobs/ .
Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Biomechanics, Health Sciences or related field.
Minimum of two years as a sports performance coach at the collegiate or professional level; Current NSCA CSCS or CSCCa SCCC certification; Current CPR/First Aid Certification
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.