Duke University was created in 1924 through an indenture of trust by James Buchanan Duke. Today, Duke is regarded as one of America’s leading research universities. Located in Durham, North Carolina, Duke is positioned in the heart of the Research Triangle, which is ranked annually as one of the best places in the country to work and live. Duke has more than 15,000 students who study and conduct research in its 10 undergraduate, graduate and professional schools. With about 40,000 employees, Duke is the third largest private employer in North Carolina, and it now has international programs in more than 150 countries.
Participate in a team effort to market, recruit and select students for enrollment in Duke University’s portfolio of Executive MBA degree programs (WEMBA and GEMBA), with primary responsibility for the Weekend MBA Program. Provide administrative management and coordination for admissions functions. Reports into the Associate Director of Admissions.
• Propose and implement strategies to increase top of the funnel applications and yield results
• Participate in phone and e-mail campaigns to qualify prospective students and answer questions
• Counsel prospective students on the admissions process
• Plan on and off campus EMBA events
• Host and present at EMBA Open Houses and other scheduled events.
• Plan and execute large scale annual events, including EMBA Women’s Event and Admitted Student Day
• Recruit alumni to participate in student recruitment and yield efforts
• Interview EMBA candidates for admission
• Read, evaluate, and present applications in EMBA admissions committee meetings
• Travel domestically and internationally for EMBA recruitment and yield purposes
• Lead scholarship process for EMBA programs, making recommendations and tracking data.
• Participate in rotational Daytime MBA Officer of the Day responsibilities for the Admissions Office
• Manage the EMBA Admitted Student Website
• Assist as needed with other Fuqua graduate business programs
• Other duties as assigned.
Undergraduate degree is strongly preferred.
• Work generally requires two year's experience in student admissions, counseling, sales, marketing, or corporate recruiting experience highly desirable
• Must be willing to travel for recruiting purposes
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Must be very comfortable in a highly computerized environment, including Excel, PowerPoint, communication tools, and e-mail.
• High level of comfort and professionalism in working with top executives
• Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and team skills are essential
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.